Heritage, Wine & Gin Tour
- Duration: 3 Hours
In 1904, William August “Augie” Boettcher moved to Kangaroo Island with his family and took up farming at Cygnet River, on the site of Wallen’s first farm. The truck was well known in Kingscote and surrounds as Mr Boettcher made weekly trips to deliver fruit and vegetables from his farm, which supplied most of the fresh produce needs of the island.
Mr Davis from Kangaroo Island Beehive rescued the abandoned Austin and has spent several years restoring it to its former glory.
The new tours aboard the restored Austin will start with history and honey-tasting at Island Beehive daily at 10.00am and 2.00pm.
Passengers will then board the truck for a 3 hour historic tour of Kingscote, including Reeves Point, Dover Farm finishing with local wine at Bay of Shoals Wines (valued at $10 pp) and a taste of gin at Kangaroo Island Spirits (valued at $20 pp).
Coffee, Tea and lamingtons for morning or afternoon coffee breaks!
- Morning/afternoon coffee breaks is included in this tour.
- Vine tasting fees are are included in this tour (valued at $30 pp excluding kids).
- Min 2 passengers are required for this tour.
- Max 10 passengers on tour, we are operating SMALL GROUP tours.
- COVID19 Safe - We are cleaning our vehicles before and after the tours with special disinfectants spray + hand sanitizer available on board.
- Children 0 -5 years old travel for free.
- Children 5 -18 years old will have "Child" discount.
- Children 1- 18 Cannot travel unless accompanied by an adult.
- Private Tours are also available, please enquiry when booking.
- A deposit of $200 is required at the time of booking and balance prior traveling paid by credit card provided.
- A non refundable card surcharge of 2.99 % applies on all the transactions made by credit card.
- Our Tours are operated in a COVID-safe manner.
- Cancellation due to COVID-19 restrictions: FULL REFUND.
- Covid-19 Cancellations will apply only if you cannot travel to South Australia due to Government Travel Restrictions.
- Social distancing guidelines still apply so we ask wherever possible that passengers should try to adhere to the 1.5m social distancing recommendations.
- Guests are required to check in by scanning the QR code Covid Safe Check-In using their smart phone through the mySA GOV app.
- KI Hire a Guide is following the South Australia "Guidance for Transport and Tour Vehicles" principles .