4wd Tours - Best of Kangaroo Island
- Duration: 8 Hours
This is a flexible itinerary that can be customised for your unique experience.
You have two options for departure locations.
Option 1: Departure from Kingscote / Airport:
Tours departing from the airport or your Kingscote hotel will include a visit to the Seal Bay CP, where you can admire Sea Lions resting on the beach. The guide will take you to the beach, just a few meters from them.
After lunch, we will visit Vivonne Bay, where you might spot dolphins swimming close to the shore. This beach is one of the most beautiful and safest swimming locations on the island, and in the summer, we may stop for a swimming break (if possible), before heading toward Flinders Chase NP where the famous Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch are located.
Due to the 2019 fires, the itinerary has slightly changed to allow the areas affected by the fires to regenerate. Fires are part of the "every day” life in Australia and the vegetation is used to them, actually they need the fire to be able to regenerate itself!
In the afternoon we will take a walk around the famous rock formations of Remarkable Rocks, only 5 million years old! Not far from there we will be able to observe the Long Nosed Furseals ( also know as New Zealand Furseals) playing in the rock pools under Admirals Arch.
At the end of the tour, we will take you back to your hotel, or to the airport/ferry port.
The tour includes coffee breaks with biscuits and a light meal (please let us know about your dietary allergies) or you can book a BBQ lunch with local KI wine, that will be cooked right there by the guide.
Option 2: Departure from Penneshaw, American River and Ferry Terminal:
In this option, the tour will start from your American River and Penneshaw hotel, or when you arrive with the ferry from Cape Jervis.
A fee of $30 per person will be applied for Penneshaw/Ferry pick up. This will cover the extra time, km driven and fuel.
- Gourmet BBQ Lunch, with Kangaroo Island wine
- Pick up at Ferry Terminal or Penneshaw Accommodation.
- Using our vehicles there are no restrictions on driving at night time or unsealed roads.
- Morning/afternoon coffee breaks and a light lunch are included in this tour.
- National Park Fees are included in this tour.
- We can organise the tour in Italian language as well.
- Min 2 passengers are required for this tour.
- Max 6 passengers on tour, we are operating SMALL GROUP tours.
- COVID19 Safe - We are cleaning our vehicles before and after the tours with special disinfectants spray + hand sanitizer available on board.
- Children 6 + 14 years old will have a discount on the tour.
- Children 15 - 18 years old are considered adults.
- Children 6- 18 Cannot travel unless accompanied by an adult.
- If travelling with infants or young children please book the Private Option.
- Depending to the age young children will need to use a booster seats. Please let us know if you need one.
- A deposit of $200 is required at the time of booking (Except for Nocturnal Tours)and balance prior traveling paid by credit card provided.
- Nocturnal Tours are charged in full at the time of booking if booked alone.
- A non refundable card surcharge of 2.99 % applies on all the transactions made by credit card
- Our Tours are operated in a COVID-safe manner.
- Cancellation due to COVID-19 restrictions: FULL REFUND.
- Covid-19 Cancellations will apply only if you cannot travel to South Australia due to Government Travel Restrictions.
- Social distancing guidelines still apply so we ask wherever possible that passengers should try to adhere to the 1.5m social distancing recommendations.
- Guests are required to check in by scanning the QR code Covid Safe Check-In using their smart phone through the mySA GOV app.
- KI Hire a Guide is following the South Australia "Guidance for Transport and Tour Vehicles" principles .