4wd Tour - Seal Bay
- Duration: 8 Hours
This is a flexible itinerary that can be customised for your unique experience.
You have two options for departure locations.
Option 1: Departure from Kingscote / Airport:
Tours departing from the airport or your Kingscote hotel will include a visit to the Seal Bay CP, where you can admire Sea Lions resting on the beach. The guide will take you to the beach, just a few meters from them.
Then, the tour will head to Duck Lagoon, where you will be able to see a lot of parrots, including the Crimson Rosella and Rainbow Lorikeet; eucalyptus flourishes on the shores of the freshwater lagoon formed by the Cygnet River, and you can spot Koalas there.
After lunch, we will visit the Emu Bay beach, where you might spot dolphins swimming close to the shore. This beach is one of the most beautiful and safest swimming locations on the island, and in the summer, we may stop for a swimming break (if possible), before heading toward Stokes Bay, where, in the evening, you can spot a lot of Kangaroos and Wallabies that come out to graze. Stokes Bay is also famous for its tunnel between the rocks to reach the beach in front of it. Near the bay, you will be able to see a couple more Koalas.
At the end of the tour, after seeing Sea Lions, Kangaroos, Koalas, Wallabies and, if you are lucky enough, even an Echidna up close, we will take you back to your hotel, or to the airport/ferry port.
The tour includes coffee breaks with biscuits and a light meal (please let us know about your dietary allergies) or you can book a BBQ lunch with local KI wine, that will be cooked right there by the guide.
Option 2: Departure from Penneshaw, American River and Ferry Terminal:
In this option, the tour will start from your American River and Penneshaw hotel, or when you arrive with the ferry from Cape Jervis.
In this case, before visiting Seal Bay, we will stop to explore Pennington Bay and part of the Pelican Lagoon. In this area too, you will have the chance to see many wild kangaroos close-by!
These parts of the island are not very touristy, and they can be visited only in small groups (up to 6 people) on a 4x4 vehicle.
A fee of $30 per person will be applied for Penneshaw/Ferry pick up. This will cover the extra time, km driven and fuel.
- Gourmet BBQ Lunch, with Kangaroo Island wine
- Pick up at Ferry Terminal or Penneshaw Accommodation.
- Using our vehicles there are no restrictions on driving at night time or unsealed roads.
- Morning/afternoon coffee breaks and a light lunch are included in this tour.
- National Park Fees are included in this tour.
- We can organise the tour in Italian language as well.
- Min 2 passengers are required for this tour.
- Max 6 passengers on tour, we are operating SMALL GROUP tours.
- COVID19 Safe - We are cleaning our vehicles before and after the tours with special disinfectants spray + hand sanitizer available on board.
- Children 6 + 14 years old will have a discount on the tour.
- Children 15 - 18 years old are considered adults.
- Children 6- 18 Cannot travel unless accompanied by an adult.
- If travelling with infants or young children please book the Private Option.
- Depending to the age young children will need to use a booster seats. Please let us know if you need one.
- A deposit of $200 is required at the time of booking (Except for Nocturnal Tours)and balance prior traveling paid by credit card provided.
- Nocturnal Tours are charged in full at the time of booking if booked alone.
- A non refundable card surcharge of 2.99 % applies on all the transactions made by credit card
- Our Tours are operated in a COVID-safe manner.
- Cancellation due to COVID-19 restrictions: FULL REFUND.
- Covid-19 Cancellations will apply only if you cannot travel to South Australia due to Government Travel Restrictions.
- Social distancing guidelines still apply so we ask wherever possible that passengers should try to adhere to the 1.5m social distancing recommendations.
- Guests are required to check in by scanning the QR code Covid Safe Check-In using their smart phone through the mySA GOV app.
- KI Hire a Guide is following the South Australia "Guidance for Transport and Tour Vehicles" principles .